request a custom light show
your own show
All bridge lighting requests are submitted to the Light the Hoan Lighting committee for review. That committee reviews all requests for when the Hoan Bridge is lit outside of its normal default lighting scheme. These policies and best practices are reviewed every six months for possible changes/updates.
Click the tabs to learn more about who and how you can request custom light shows:
Paid non-profit requests are submitted to the Light the Hoan Lighting Committee for review. That committee reviews the requests to determine if the request will be accepted.
Celebrate with Us
Celebrate a milestone with Light the Hoan! Let us shine a light on your company for all of Milwaukee and beyond to see.
What we can Offer
- Corporate Awareness of your Brand
- Unique Experiences
- Represent and Showcase Milwaukee
- GE Healthcare
- Michael Best Celebrates 175 Years
- Rotary of Milwaukee
Shine A Lite
Sponsored by Miller Lite
Light the Hoan supports and celebrates the organizations inspiring positive change in our community.
To help “shine a light” on the great work these organizations do, we’re committing one day a month to illuminate the Hoan in honor of a non-profit partner.
We’ll also highlight the organization’s mission on our website, across our social media channels, and through our media partnerships.
More than lights on a bridge
Milwaukee’s bright future is now, and we’re proving it every day. Your support can play a pivotal role in helping us achieve our mission. By contributing to Light the Hoan, you will directly impact the vibrancy of our community, contribute to social change, and leave a lasting legacy of unity for generations to come.
- Tourism and visitor spending
- Increased property values
- Cultural and creative economy
- Business and event attraction
- Community Engagement
- Enhanced night time economy
- Increased tourism marketing
Your Public Art Exibit
There are thousands of stories attached to these lights. And we want your story to be next.
Each request will be considered against these core values:
- Does this request illuminate good people and/or organizations in MKE and/or WI
- Does this request honor the dignity of all citizens?
- Does our light schedule allow for this request?
- Does Light the Hoan have the time, people and resources to deliver the request?
Light the Hoan is a not-for-profit effort, however, there are many costs associated with operating these lights.
Each time the bridge is lit with a unique color or animation sequence, costs are incurred to create that design and to activate it. Other costs include:
- Energy costs
- Long-term maintenance
- Staffing for dedications, swag purchases and lighting requests
- Ongoing funding to light the east side of the bridge
- Community program support (e.g. Code the Hoan, Shine a Light)
Our hope is that companies, non-profits and individuals who invest in the lights will utilize the bridge lights to showcase the best that Milwaukee has to offer, including worthy causes and favorite non-profits. In addition, any and all paid support increases our ability to light the bridge for free when opportunities or events merit it.
Questions? Business inquires? Fill out the form below to get in touch!
All of your information will be kept private and secure.
We try to respond to all requests within 2-3 business days.
The Hoan Bridge lights have two main public viewing spots:
1) Milwaukee Riverfront Boat Launch at 600 S. Water Street
2) Riverwalk on East Erie Street right before the Milwaukee Pierhead Light.
There are also several local establishments with views of the Hoan Bridge lights:
1) Indeed Brewing Rooftop inside the Eagleknit building
2) Cooperage/Boone + Crockett
3) Milwaukee Sail Loft
4) 2A Wine Merchants
5) The Outsider rooftop located in Journeyman Hotel
6) Blu at the Pfister (small corner view)
Click the Dedicate a Bulb page.
Select your donation amount. Be sure to check out all of the Hoan gear that is available at different donation levels!
Checkout and fill out your shipping information and billing information. Be sure to follow the steps on the checkout page to submit your dedication!
Review your dedication to make sure everything is correct.
Receive your order confirmation and printable dedication certificate via email.
View your dedications on the Find Your Bulb page. Please allow 2-3 hours after you’ve dedicated for your dedication to appear on the page.
If purchased, you will receive any items ordered via postal mail.
Dedications can be viewed online on our website, under the Find Your Bulb page. Please allow 2-3 hours after you’ve submitted, for your dedication to appear on the page.
To view the upcoming schedule for the Hoan Bridge Lights, please visit our regularly updated Light Schedule page.
Light the Hoan, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) organization and donations to it are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law.